One the failed articles to adopt include as follows:
- Effective maritime security and counter piracy policy and legislation in conjunction with regional entities include Puntland state of Somalia and Somaliland established by 20 January 2012 to prevent piracy and protect Somalia natural resources. in particular:
- EEZ declared by 19 December 2011.
- Appoint a counter piracy coordinator under a designed minister by 19 December 2011.
- Establish Somali maritime police force/coastguards/coastal monitoring capability, coordinated with land police force.
- Agreed maritime security strategy with the regions and other governments including through Kampala process by March 2012.
- Develop programs for anti-piracy community engagement and linked coastal economic projects by 20 ecember 2011 and begin implementation by March 2012.
- Build capacity to prosecute, try and imprison piracy and maritime law case by 18 may 2012.
- Enact anti-piracy legislation by 18 may 2012.
- Ministry of fisheries.
- Ministry of transport and ports.
- Ministry of interior and national security.
- Somali mission to UN, AU, IGAD.
- Ahlu Sunna Waljama’a ASWJ.
- Prime Minster envoy for EEZ issues.
Kampala process, secure funding, resources mobilization
Contact group on piracy of the coast of Somalia.
- -Counter maritime
- Piracy legislation
- Agreement between TFG and other administrations